Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Locations & Hours Hadley Branch

Hadley Branch

Document Actions

Hadley summer

 

3556 Hadley Road  
PO Box 199, Hadley, MI 48440   Map

phone: 810 797-4101,  fax: 810 797-2912 

Mon. & Tue. 11-8, Wed. & Thur. 2-8, Saturday 9-2

 

Upcoming events @ Hadley Branch

 

 

 Photo Gallery

 

 

 

 

Branch History

Records for library service in Hadley are far from complete.  Hadley was first serviced by a bookmobile which was driven by Isabelle Hinds who later served as director of Lapeer County Library.  The semi-monthly bookmobile carted around a selection of books to help meet the reading needs of the community.

In 1974, when Lapeer County and Lapeer City libraries merged, resident Vera Earhart purchased a building and offered it to the County Library to rent to accommodate the library's needs.  In 1986, Hadley Friends of the Library approached township officials to a 5 year 1/2 mil library issue placed on the ballot.  Its passage supported a new 1500 square foot facility.  Groundbreaking was May 19, 1987 and the building was completed in September.  The new library, which is the present day facility opened its doors Monday January 18, 1988.

In January 2003, the Lapeer County Library System underwent a restructuring transition and changed its name to Lapeer District Library.

 

Related content
Catalogs

 

Catalog 2

Lapeer District Library
& local libraries

 

 mel_logo.gif

Statewide libraries
& online resources

 

Overdrive

eBooks

Great Read 2014

Great reads pic

Great Read 2014
The Flint Journal Historical Archive

Flint Journal Button

Available on trial basis.
Years 1989-1922

Services

null

Services
New Movies
movie
 

Coming Soon!
Express SOS

mi seal

Electronic filing and information services for the State of Michigan.

 
Staff Log in